Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Through the highlands and down again...

Before I get into the days events, here's what I had to eat after I arrived at the destination mentioned in my last blog.

Photobucket

Yum!

So I was woken up this morning around 6:30am by my mum, apparently there was something outside I needed to see. She was right!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not the most inconspicuous place to be hiding for the day...

After seeing this monster stick insect it was time for a coffee!

Photobucket

What a lovely mug!

Photobucket

I also took a shot of what my parents did with the hi fi gear I sold them when I upgraded, I must say im impressed, curtains and everything, just like a real theater! I then proceeded to do my usual thing and take some photos of stuff outside, always find that fun for some reason.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Couldn't leave before eating some awesome breakfast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Omelet, Asparagus and a Croissant, was the bomb

Anyways, then we left.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tenterfield was the first place we stopped on the trip south.

Photobucket

Two chimneys are better then one I suppose?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such a neat old building!

We also drove through Glen Innes. Before stopping on the outskirts.

Photobucket

Just like the real thing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amazing landscape to be sure.

Eventually we arrived just outside of Tamworth, had to stop at this lookout!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a view!

Photobucket

And yes, that is part of a fan in the tree...?

Photobucket

Also a huge ass ant mound.

Eventually we arrived in Tamworth itself.

Photobucket

My sisters puppy tried to "om nom nom" on my foot, but failed as my feet are hard as nails. He is still so adorable tho.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They have some funky furniture in the home too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was very surprised to see water displays in the local shopping center, why didn't we have anything cool like that in Brisbane?

Photobucket

Great view from the house too.

So tomorrow we head off for Sydney. I wonder if the trip will be as interesting as the trip here to Tamworth was...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Daniel Elliott is a contract flash developer, working on flash banner ads, microsites, iOS apps, television animation time lapse photography and music videos. This blog covers all of these areas, as well as the areas of local food and photography.