Sunday, September 25, 2011

Girl with One Eye

Oh dear, i've neglected my blog again. Shame on me.

To be fair it has been a very busy couple of weeks. You see I have been freelancing at a place called Hubink. You can check out there site here. Its been a very enjoyable experience so far, with a number of jobs which I have had complete creative control over, which to me was exciting. I have been mainly working on flash banners, but I have also been working on a few pieces of motion graphics for a couple of websites. There is one in particular I have been happy with and I hope to put in my next showreel or on vimeo. They have also offered me a part time job, at least 2 days a week, which after 2 months of almost no work is great relief.

Im not sure what days im working next week, but I am also working at Clemengers tomorrow. Its my first time back in a couple of months and they asked for me personally which has never happened to me before.

In animation news, not a whole lot to report,  Loopdeloop is running twice this week. Once at the Loop Bar as usual on Tuesday night, but also this Thursday at The Warren as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival. This months theme was "Down the Rabbit Hole" and there have been some great entries. You can check out mine below.



Its a little different to what was originally envisioned, and I had an incident where the original .fla corrupted so I had to reimport the .swf and reapply all the dropshadow effects frame by frame which was a pain, but ultimately I am still happy with the outcome.

On top of this loop screening on Tuesday and Thursday night, the following 2 loops will be on cycle at The Warren all week which is cool!





Unfortunately, because I have been so busy freelancing and because this months loop to so much longer then it should have, I have not got to touch Nimbin this month. Hopefully next months loop theme wont drag out as long and I can get the scene I had been working on completely finished.

I am also needing to buy a macbook for freelancing, so doing so should allow me to work on Nimbin and other things during my lunch breaks. Im also looking forward to getting one of the new Wacom Inklings, as im sure it will allow me to start posting a tonne more doodles.

Also worth noting is that on Friday me and my partner will be going to see Gotye in concert which I am pretty pumped about.

Thats about it really, no screens to show off, feels bad man :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Daniel Elliott is a contract flash developer, working on flash banner ads, microsites, iOS apps, television animation time lapse photography and music videos. This blog covers all of these areas, as well as the areas of local food and photography.