Sunday, January 15, 2012

Orange Crush

A couple of days late again, tho I do have an excuse, Friday was a big day for me. Yup, thats what it was. Also I went to the Melbourne Aquarium yesterday, so it didn't seem to make sense to make a post until I could talk about that.

First things first, ALL the episodes of Bricks Are Fun are now up on Youtube, you can find the four remaining episodes below.









So im glad I have that out of the way. Im not going to be putting anymore older cartoons up until at least Gerkinman Returns is finished, altho all I really have left that I want to put up is a short called "King Dodongo" and the 5 episode series I worked on called "The Martian Saga" which im planning to cut down a bit and put into one film.

I also managed to find the time to do 3 quick illustrations, only spending around 10 minutes on each.




It felt good doing a little bit of drawing again, even if they were only quick doodles. Hopefully I will find the time to do more of this sort of stuff.

It was a busy week last week, working at two different advertising agencies, and next week is looking much the same, if not busier.

As mentioned above, me and my partner went to the Melbourne Aquarium yesterday, and it was quite a bit of fun. While it had many of the same displays as other aquariums, they had a few animals I hadn't seen before, at least not in captivity.

Naturally the first things we saw were the Penguins. They were smaller then I expected, and also pooped more, I mean I expected them to poop plenty, but you never see any stains on the ice in documentaries...


They also had a neat fresh water display with things like fresh water sting rays and fresh water sharks in it, part of the display also had a fake plane crashed into a tree over the water which was a nice touch. One of the most interesting things we found in the fresh water spot was a fish called "The Glass Catfish" which has completely transparent flesh.




Much like Underwater World they also had a Japanese Spider Crab, but I never get tired of seeing those things, despite the fact that this one was quite small compared to others I have seen.

Something that this place had in spades that other aquariums i've been too haven't were Jelly Fish, they mainly had moon jellies, but they also had these cute little ones. I was too mesmerised by there movement to even look at what they were called.


Lastly, they had not one, but two living Nautilus, which was very exciting. I had seen them in videos and my mum was lucky enough to stumble upon a shell once, but I had never seen a living one close up before.

Of course thats just a small amount of what we saw on our visit, I took my camera along so hopefully when I get some free time I will be able to do something fun with all the video. 

And thats really it for this week. With next week looking the way it is I dont know if I will get much if any animation work done, I guess we will just have to see what happens. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Daniel Elliott is a contract flash developer, working on flash banner ads, microsites, iOS apps, television animation time lapse photography and music videos. This blog covers all of these areas, as well as the areas of local food and photography.