Friday, January 27, 2012

Horse with no name

Well, I didn't make a post last week, shame on me. BUT! I have been very productive. Not only have I just finished working on my very first proper TV commercial, but I also got a few quick illustrations done and managed to finish of my entry for this months Loopdeloop. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

First of all the commercial, I wish I could post it here, but I cant, so you know what, im going to stay quite  until its up on the companies Vimeo account. What I can say is this, I animated it in Flash, which I shouldn't have, and it still somehow came out pretty great, or at least it was until the client told us to "tone it down" and make it less fun. Ah well.

Second of all is my loop! This loop marked the first time I had done a number of new things. It contains painted backgrounds done in Art Rage with oil paints and the spade thing that people use to mix them, I dont know what its called. Anyway, the end result ends up looking something like this.

And then there was the way I rendered the animation, which was the same process im using to animate Gerkinman returns, so the animation came out looking like this.

So once you mix these two things, and throw in some sound and some special effects courtesy of Final Cut Pro which im now learning to use for work, you end up with a final product similar to this.


And I couldn't be happier with it, or at least, not much happier. You can vote for it on Loopdeloop HERE if you feel the urge.

In other news I did a few quick doodles.

Here is Mr Kermit The Frog. For some reason I have been drawing frogs a lot lately.

Here is an Uglysaurus to celebrate Friday because... well... why not?

And lastly here is an angry man bursting through a door. A friend asked me about how she could make a shot in an animation my dramatic, the shot being a guy bursting through a door. I suggested a low angle shot and then for some reason felt the urge to color the original sketch.

And thats it for this week... or the last two weeks. Whats going to happen next time? Who knows! Tune in to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Daniel Elliott is a contract flash developer, working on flash banner ads, microsites, iOS apps, television animation time lapse photography and music videos. This blog covers all of these areas, as well as the areas of local food and photography.