Saturday, November 26, 2011

Google Android

Well, I know last week I said I would be back today with some new content from Nimbin/Gerkinman, but I have had the biggest week I have had in months. I worked at 3 different places, and from home this week. Good to be busy again.

The main big project Id like to talk about was a series of short animations for Google Android. I was called in on Wednesday morning, sat down and was given some storyboards and off I went. This is the first time I have ever been called in to do character based animation as opposed to just web banners and other similar things like that, and I quite enjoyed it. I was working alongside an animation lecturer and the offices After Effects guru. The character himself was animated entirely in flash and then being exported as a sequence of .pngs to be recompiled in After Effects with funkier text and other effects.

All in all it was an enjoyable experience and the other animators were great to work with and id gladly go back again.

In other news here is that Nimbin/Gerkinman pic I promised :P


Im not sure how busy I am going to be next week, so I dont know how much animation work I will get done on the film. Ive also got Loopdeloop Tuesday night. I didn't get to attend last months so im looking forward to going back again.

So until next week!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you still actively doing stuff. I've ended up in a similar line of work only, I'm using After Effects. Been trying to get hold of you for a chat or something but failed to catch you yet...

    -Zictor

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About This Blog

My photo
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Daniel Elliott is a contract flash developer, working on flash banner ads, microsites, iOS apps, television animation time lapse photography and music videos. This blog covers all of these areas, as well as the areas of local food and photography.